Monday, April 28, 2008

Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease

This past week Dylan broke out in this rash all over his hands and feet. it just started out as a bunch of little red dots and then after about a day they started to look like blisters. Today i took him to the Doctor and she said that it is Hand-foot-Mouth Disease(what!) There is nothing that you can do for them and they are very Contagious so it looks like we wont be going anywhere for the next week. The symptoms are alot like any other thing babies get.... fever, runny nose, cough, and of course red spots and blisters on the hands feet and mouth( yes he has them on his tongue, sad isnt it) So I thought that since I thought it was just a cold that i would let everyone know to lookout for it and just keep you kids home if they have it. Hopefully it will go away soon.

This picture is kinda hard to see but its of his lovely blisters on his toes.
If you click on this picture it will make it bigger and a little easier to see.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor Dylan! It's crazy how many weird childhood diseases there are. Hope you don't go stir crazy at home!

Kat said...

Ah, how sad!!! I hope it clears up soon. I agree with Jamie...childhood diseases can be so weird.

P.S. How's your dad doing?

Cooper Squared said...

Oh that is a bummer. Poor little guy. His poor mama! I think I suffer more when Kelton has something weird going on.
I cannot remember....isn't there a vaccination for that in the first round of shots when they are newborns?

Morgan said...

Oh bummer!! I have heard of that before...it usually travels fast among the primary and its no fun.

On a happy note! I CANNOT believe how big he is getting! I haven't checked your blog in forever (I thought I was subscribed to it on google, but I wasn't!) and I swear he is a brand new kid!

Dana said...

Sorry to hear about the feet, it's sad to see them uncomfortable. I must say, though, Trisha, your boy is really really cute. He just has a beautiful face. I am glad you are loving being a mommy.