Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another Update

I am finally at my final location here in Afghanistan. It took a couple of weeks to get here but it is good to finally be able to settle down. I will update you more as I get settled in but here are a few pictures of the trip so far.


This is one of the stray dogs that hangs around the building I am staying in right now. I think his name is "Hutch" and there are 2 other dogs that hang around as well. They make themselves at home in the common area and I am sure enjoy sleeping inside during the winter.
This is from one of the bases I stopped at for a few days on my way to my final destination. The huts are typical of what we live in here.

On the top of the closest hill is the ruins of a fort from when Alexander the Great occupied Afghanistan. It is supposably mined heavily up there so we can't go up there. Also if you look close you can see a guy walking out in the middle of no where. There is actually a town off to the left of the hill but there were a lot children playing out in that open space when I looked out there later in the day.














2 comments:

Valerie said...

I think it's so cool that you post on your family blog. I think you will probably end up taking it over since you wife hardly ever posts!:)

Kat said...

Hey Steve...I also think it's way cool that you're posting on here. Keep em coming :-) Thanks for serving our country. Your family is sacrificing so much for all uf us. Thank you.