Monday, December 1, 2008

Saying Goodbye

So its been about a month since Steve left and things are finally starting to feel as normal as possible. Dylan and I had our 2 weeks straight of melt down at ourselves and at each other but we are finally getting to the point where we don't cry at the drop of a hat! We had a really ruff time in the beginning and I am sure that most of it was my fault because when I cried it made Dylan cry and then I got really stressed and then cried some more. Dylan has had separation anxiety really bad and I know that its part the age that he is at and part Daddy leaving but it has been hard, he would even cry if I walk out of one room in the house to another, we are still working on it but it is definitely better. We miss Steve alot, every time I am on the computer Dylan thinks that he gets to talk to Daddy on the Web Cam but sadly he doesn't have that available at his base yet, and every time the phone rings Dylan thinks that its Daddy, its so cute but at the same time it breaks my heart. I am so Thankful that Steve is willing to serve his country and I am so proud of him. I had no clue what I was getting myself into when we got married but I am thankful everyday for the wonderful husband that I have and for his Love. I cant wait for the day when he gets home but for now we are just hanging in there. All three of us crying our eyes out( you cant tell but Dylan was crying really hard, he thought that I was the one leaving)
Walking around the terminal waiting for Daddies Flight.

Our last family picture for a while



8 comments:

Kat said...

Oh Trish, that made me cry! We're praying for Steve's safety and hoping that his deployment goes by as quickly as possible. I can't wait to see you in a few months when we're up in Utah. We miss you guys!

Meg said...

I'm so sorry for your hard times, I don't think I could do it. We really need to hang out. I need to get your address.

Norton's said...

Trish, way to be as tough as you can be. I for sure don't think I could go on with life. I guess you'd have too though. I hope the time passes by quickly for you. Hang in there!

Cooper Squared said...

I think you just ripped my heart out with a spoon.

Jamie said...

Trish, I think about you every day. Hang in there and know that you and Steve are in our prayers!

Valerie said...

I don't have the whole deployed spouse thing going on...but my pregnancy hormones make me cry like that too! It was really bad when Jared and I got sick. I love and miss your guts! Hang in there!

shells said...

I am so sorry!!

But I am glad you have a blog so I can see how big your baby is getting (holy cow!)

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

oh man that is hard! Hugs from AK :)